Become a Football Official!
Football Officials Needed
Sign up for the 2018 Class NOW!
- Do you have a passion for football? Do you want to be in on the action? Become An Official!
- Off and On Field Training begins at the Candidate School
- Officiate Games from youth level to high school in your first year
- Growth Opportunities Available. Get paid to officiate football!
- You Love the Game of Football...officiating is a great way to be involved
- You Can Influence Kids...be a role model who helps make the game safe and fair
- Builds Positive Life Skills...your communication, confidence and decision making skills improve greatly
- Earn Extra Money...unlike most hobbies, officials get paid for their time
- Make Lifelong Friends and Memories...fellow officials share experiences that will last a lifetime
- Give Back to Your Community...help continue the legacy of organized sports
2018 Information: Candidate School will begin around April-May. See the following.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Nassau County Football Official. The next class for new candidates will begin May 7, 2018.
There are 10 classes and minimum requirement is to attend 9. These classes are set for Cantiague Elementary School beginning at 7:00 PM.
Dates: May 7, 9, 14, 21, 23, 30; June 4, 6, 11, 13
Location: Nassau BOCES, 71 Clinton Rd., Garden City, NY 11530
Cost: Cost of class is $250 payable by second class. 10% discount if paid by April 30. If the candidate is participating in another sport, there will be a form discussed to submit to BOCES for re-imbursement of class fees.
Attendance at class is mandatory, only one excused absence will be allowed.
The fee for the class includes books, hand outs, practice exams, the state exam and certification, 2018 LIAFO dues, door prizes, and give-a-ways. Bring a note pad, pen or pencil and a folder for handouts to class every night.
After successful completion of this school you will be presented for membership in LIAFO. Once accepted and upon passing the Part II Test in August you will be a Certified Official in New York State.
This will provide you the opportunity to start Officiating contests throughout Nassau County at 56 High Schools and several youth programs in Nassau and Suffolk Counties. Youth programs have the majority of their games on Sunday and pay the officials on the field. School games are assigned by NASSAU BOCES and the fee is paid by check at the end of the season.
The 2018 Candidate School will be managed by Second Vice President Peter Siegmann.
SIGN UP NOW by emailing your name, email address, home address, and phone number to: email@example.com
Contact info for questions. Second Vice President Peter Siegmann (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please also keep checking the website for updates: www.LIAFO.org